Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich Loaf
- loaf italian bread (10 to 12 inches)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, softened
- 1 Tbsp
- spicy brown or country-style dijon mustard
- 6 slice
- swiss cheese
- 3/4 lb
- thinly sliced fully cooked ham
How to Make Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich Loaf
- 1Spray 25×18-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil with cooking spray. Without cutting all the way through, cut loaf of bread into 12 (3/4-inch) slices, cutting to within 1/4 inch of bottom.
- 2Stir together butter and mustard. Spread every other slice of bread with slightly less than 2 teaspoons mustard mixture, creating 6 sandwiches. Fold each slice of cheese in half diagonally; tuck each into sandwich. Divide ham evenly among sandwiches, tucking in to fit. Place loaf on center of foil. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion.