- 1 1/4 c
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large
- cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small
- eggplant, peeled lengthwise in 2 places to make strips and sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 2 medium
- zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- italian seasoning
- 2/3 c
- chopped green olives
- 2 jar(s)
- (8 ounces) roasted red pepper strips
- sub sandwich rolls
- 2 c
- treasure cave feta cheese
- 4 c
- romaine lettuce
How to Make Feta-touille Panini
- 1Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- 2In the sauté pan, combine the extra-virgin olive oil and garlic.
- 3Add the eggplant and zucchini; season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- 4Sauté on both sides for 2 minutes.
- 5Add chopped green olives and cook ingredients together, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 6Remove vegetables, reserve oil in pan and leave heat on low.
- 7Arrange the vegetables and roasted red pepper strips on the bread loaf bottom and top with Treasure Cave Feta Cheese and romaine lettuce.
- 8Place the sandwich on skillet underneath a sandwich grill press, or heavy bricks wrapped in foil.
- 9Return heat to medium.
- 10Press the sandwich until crisp on top, about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- 11Cut sandwiches in half and serve warm.