1 1/4 cextra-virgin olive oil
4 largecloves garlic, minced
2 smalleggplant, peeled lengthwise in 2 places to make strips and sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
2 mediumzucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
·salt and pepper
2/3 cchopped green olives
2 jar(s)(8 ounces) roasted red pepper strips
4sub sandwich rolls
2 ctreasure cave feta cheese
4 cromaine lettuce
How to Make Feta-touille Panini
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- In the sauté pan, combine the extra-virgin olive oil and garlic.
- Add the eggplant and zucchini; season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Sauté on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped green olives and cook ingredients together, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove vegetables, reserve oil in pan and leave heat on low.
- Arrange the vegetables and roasted red pepper strips on the bread loaf bottom and top with Treasure Cave Feta Cheese and romaine lettuce.
- Place the sandwich on skillet underneath a sandwich grill press, or heavy bricks wrapped in foil.
- Return heat to medium.
- Press the sandwich until crisp on top, about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve warm.