Croque Monsieur Panini
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- white cheese sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of cloves
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can be replaced with gruyere or any white cheese)
- sandwich ingredients:
- your favorite sandwich bread
- dijon mustard or your favorite
- virginia ham
- apple slices - sliced thin
How to Make Croque Monsieur Panini
- 1In a small sauce pan, melt butter and add flour. Stir for about 2 minutes to cook the flour.
Slowly add the hot milk in with the roux. Whisk until a nice thick sauce comes together.
Remove from stove and add pepper, cloves and shredded cheese. Set aside.
Lightly toast your bread and brush half the toasted slices with mustard. Add the Virginia ham and apple slices, then place about a tablespoon of the white cheese sauce to each sandwich. Top with the other slices of toasted bread.
Preheat your Panini press or in a heated skillet melt some butter, then place the panini in the pan. Press down with another pan. Cook until the cheese has completely melted and the toast is golden crispy. Enjoy!