☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5-6 lbboneless chuck roast, trimmed of fat
5onions, yellow, medium, peeled and sliced
3 clow sodium beef broth
2 pkgdry zesty italian salad dressing
1 1/2 Tbspgarlic powder (or 3 chopped garlic cloves)
1 1/2 Tbspitalian seasoning
1/2 cchopped pepperoncini w/liquid
How to Make Chicago style Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Put everything in a crock pot on LOW for 8 hours.
- At the end of 8 hours, remove and shred the beef. Put back in crock pot for another 1.5-2 hours.
- Taste broth and correct for salt/seasonings. (There is a lot of salt in the dry dressing). Looking for very savory flavor. If desired, add an additional 2 sliced onions (gives good texture to the sandwich)at this step.
- After a full 10 hours, get your toasted buns and roasted red peppers and/or hot peppers and build the best Chicago style Italian beef sandwich this side of the Mississippi (am on the East Coast).
- Some people like to put this on sub rolls, top w/provolone and run under the broiler... oh yeah, its that good. Enjoy!