Cheesy Bacon-Stuffed Burgers
- 1 c
- shredded double cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 c
- minced green onions
- 4 Tbsp
- crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef chuck
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- kaiser or onion rolls, split, grilled or toasted if desired
- lettuce leaves
- 4 small
- slices tomato
- optional red onions, separated into rings, sliced pickles, ketchup, mustard or 1,000 island dressing
How to Make Cheesy Bacon-Stuffed Burgers
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high heat or preheat broiler.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup cheese, green onions and bacon; mix well and set aside. Combine meat, salt, pepper and remaining 3/4 cup cheese, mixing well. Shape mixture to form 8 thin patties 4-1/2 to 5 inches in diameter.
- 3Divide cheese and green onion mixture over 4 of the patties; top with remaining patties. Pinch edges together well to seal.
- 4Grill or broil 5 to 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature of meat is 160°F. Serve in rolls with lettuce, tomato and condiments as desired.