Bunyan's Diabetic Grilled Chicken Peach Sammie
4boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 slicered onions, thinly sliced
24fresh sage leaves
4 tspolive oil, extra virgin
4 Tbspsugar free peach preserves
1 1/3 carugula
4 sliceprovolone cheese, halved
4ciabatta rolls, halved
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic Grilled Chicken Peach Sammie
- Mix mayonnaise and peach preserves. Put in the fridge.
- Pound the thighs lightly between 2 sheets of Saran Wrap till they're about 1/2 an inch thick
- Season both sides of the thighs with a pinch of sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Spray the grill with Pam
- Grill the thighs about 10 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through (180 degrees)
- Take them of the grill when done & set aside to rest
- Lightly toast both halves of the ciabatta rolls on both sides, on the grill
- While the thighs are grilling, in a 10" skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Fry sage leaves in the skillet until they crisp up.
- Take them out of the skillet & drain them on paper towels
- Spread the peach mayo spread on both halves of the toasted ciabatta rolls
- Layer the sammie like this sage leaves, provolone, onion slice, arugula, thigh
- Top with the other half of the ciabatta roll