Bacon & Gorgonzola “Grilled” Cheese
How to Make Bacon & Gorgonzola “Grilled” Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2. Cover a baking sheet with foil and lay a metal cooling rack on top.
- 3. Lay bacon on rack and cook 20 minutes or til bacon is crisp.
- 4. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate
- 5. Toss sliced onions and mushrooms in bacon grease and cook in over 15 minutes or until veggies are soft
- 6. Pile ¼ of the veggie mix onto the bottoms of the sandwich thins
- 7. Top each with ¼ of the gorgonzola cheese
- 8. Cut the bacon slices in half and evenly distribute them on top of the cheese
- 9. Sop up any remaining bacon grease with the insides of the sandwich thins tops
- 10. Put the tops on the sandwiches and cook in the toaster oven 5-7 minutes or til the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are browned.