Roasted Rack of Lamb
- (8 ribs each) frenched racks of lamb, well trimmed of fat (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 Tbsp
- minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp
- chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- wholeseed mustard
- 3 lb
- new potatoes, peeled and halved
- 8 clove
- garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Roasted Rack of Lamb
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
Place lamb bone-side down on rack and set in roasting pan.
- 2In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and mustard; press onto meaty surface of lamb.
Toss potatoes and garlic cloves with olive oil; scatter around the lamb.
- 3Roast 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 350 degrees F; roast 25 more minutes.
- 4Remove from oven, tent with aluminum foil and let stand for 15 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 125 to 130 degrees F for medium rare lamb.)
Carve into 2 rib servings and serve with potatoes and garlic.