Easy Crock Pot Roast
Serve it with some hot yeast roll, and you will have a new family favorite.
You can also put it over rice to change it up a bit.
I like to use a chuck roast because I find it to have a better flavor profile for this dish. Also, you can use mild rotel if the original is too hot.
I only use the Golden Mushroom Soup for this recipe.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·salt and pepper
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, golden
1 pkgdry onion soup mix
1-2 cbaby carrots
How to Make Easy Crock Pot Roast
- Salt and pepper roast to taste.
Brown chuck roast, well.
I try to get all sides as it adds to the flavor.
Don't worry if it gets dark, it will be good.
- Add golden mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, can of Rotel, undrained and about half of the water to the crock pot. Set temp to high.
You can also set the temp to low, and allow this to cook all day. Your house will smell great when you get home. I would, however, increase the temp when you add the veggies.
- Add the browned chuck roast to the crock pot.
Add additional water just to the top of the roast.
Cover with lid.
- Let cook for about 4 hours, about 8 if your cooking at low temp. Test meat with fork. It should be tender and pull apart. I usually remove some of the excess fat at this point, but that is an individual choice.
- Add baby carrots and cubed potatoes, as much as you choose. Replace lid and cook an additional 60 to 90 minutes, testing vegetables for doneness.