Easiest Pot Roast With Rich Gravy
- 2-4 lb
- beef roast (cheaper cut like chuck or sirloin)
- 1 pkg
- powdered onion soup mix
- 2 can(s)
- condensed mushroom soup, 10.5 oz each
- 1 can(s)
- sliced mushrooms, 8 oz.
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c
- liquid; can combine beef broth, red wine and/or water to make 1.5 cups
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Easiest Pot Roast With Rich Gravy
- 1In a bowl, combine onion soup mix, mushroom soup, undrained canned mushrooms, and garlic powder. Whisk in liquid.
- 2Trim excess fat and bones from the roast. Place meat into bottom of Crock Pot.
- 3Pour soup mixture over meat.
- 4Cover and set Crock Pot to High. Cook for 6-8 hours until meat falls apart. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Serve over mashed potatoes or buttered noodles with a veggie on the side.
- 6ALTERNATE COOKING METHOD: If you don't want to wait for the Crock Pot, follow all the same steps but put meat in a covered casserole or foil covered metal pan in the oven at 325 degrees for 2.5 to 3 hours.