White Beans Brown Rice
Lisa G. Sweet Pantry Gal
We love this easy dish.
- leftover sausage or hot dogs
- 1 small
- chopped onion
- cup brown rice
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 1 c
- white beans
- chopped green onions
- few dashes hot sauce (franks)
How to Make White Beans Brown Rice
- 1In a large saute pan with a few tabs of butter, saute onions and sausage til onions and sausage warmed and slightly browned.
Move onions and sausage to side of pan, add a little more butter, add rice and toast for a minute or so, Add chicken stock. stir and bring to boil. Turn down to simmer for 20min. Covered.
- 2Remove lid add beans and few dashes of hot sauce stir and taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed.
Simmer for another five minutes. Remove from heat add chopped green onions and chopped fresh cilantro (or herb of choice) Flat leaf parsley works well also.
- 3How easy was that using leftovers and pantry ingredients? Enjoy!!