The Infamous BACON EXPLOSION!
Anthony Nicometi Jr
This one goes to www.BBQAddicts.com
Who created this amazing little loaf of bacony goodness.
I'm pinching this because I have a feeling not many of you know about this...And you all need to!!! It's obviously something you don't wanna eat weekly, (This is only my second time making it this year) But, It's a treat, and a different one at that. Rich, salty, and mouthwatering. The Bacon Explosion is as delicious as it is beautiful!
How to Make The Infamous BACON EXPLOSION!
- 1Take 1 1/2 pounds of that sliced bacon, and proceed to make a "Bacon Weave" or "Bacon Lattice" of it, flat on the pan. Exactly you would a lattice pie crust.
- 2Smush (Technical term) that pork sausage evenly across the bacon weave (Helps to smush in your hands to get it even first)
- 3Once spread evenly. Spread a thin layer of BBQ sauce on the sausage layer. Then, Cook the other 1/2 lb of bacon till crisp, crumble, and evenly distribute the bacon over the sausage layer.
- 4Roll this bad boy up!
I find it easier to roll the sausage layer up first. And yes, it separates from the bacon easily. If you to that, Roll the sausage into a log, then pick it up and make sure the seam side is down. then proceed to roll the rest of the weave over the sausage.
- 5Give it a light basting with BBQ sauce. and put into a 350 degree oven for 1 hour (Every 15 mins you're gonna baste lightly with more bbq sauce) Until an internal temp of 165 is reached
- 6Allow to rest. Cut, serve, and enjoy this artery clogging marvel! :)