Tender Pork Steaks
For years, I'd been telling my wife, Dawn, that I could cook as good as she could, but, I'm not sure she really believed me. I think these pork steaks convinced her.
They came out so tender & juicy, they almost fell apart as I was taking them out of the skillet. There's no need for a knife with these.
Spoon a little of the gravy over them & there you have it. A meal fit for a king.
Or, for a wife who doesn't feel like cooking, &, wants something simple, yet, satisfying.
How to Make Tender Pork Steaks
- 1Put 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in a 10 inch cast iron skillet & get it hot.
- 2Brown the pork steaks on both sides & place in a paper towel lined pie pan until ready for step 4.
- 3Mix enough flour,a little salt, & black pepper together to coat the pork steaks all over.
Place them back in the skillet.
- 4Add cold water to just below the top edge of the meat. "NOT" over the meat.
You can use an out dated can of mixed vegetables, if desired.
- 5Bring water to a boil, turn down to a medium high simmer.
Cover & cook for 20 hours.
- 6About halfway through the cooking, turn the meat over & let it finish cooking until most of the water has made a gravy.
- 7CAREFULLY, place the meat on the plates. You may have to use a spatula. The meat may fall apart if you try using a fork to pick it up.
- 8Spoon a little gravy over it & enjoy a meal fit for any queen of the house. Kings like it, too.