Tangy Sweet and Sour Pork Shoulder Steak
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbpork shoulder steaks (about 1 inch thick)
·seasoning salt or white salt
·fresh ground black pepper
·vegetable oil, as needed
2 mediumonions, chopped
2 Tbspfresh minced garlic
1 tspdried red pepper flakes
1 3/4 cketchup
1/2 ccider vinegar
1/4 cworcestershire sauce
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2 Tbspmustard powder
2-3 tsphorseradish sauce
How to Make Tangy Sweet and Sour Pork Shoulder Steak
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Season the steaks with seasoning salt or white salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat then brown the pork steaks on both sides (about 5-6 minutes per side, make certain to brown well on each side!).
- Transfer the steaks to the prepared baking dish (cut them if needed to fit in the dish).
- In a medium saucepan add in about 4 tablespoons oil (or more) and saute the onions, garlic and dried pepper flakes for about 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the ketchup, honey, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, juice from 2 lemons, dry mustard powder and horseradish; mix to combine and simmer for 25-30 minutes, adjusting ingredients to taste and seasoning with black pepper (do not add in salt as the steaks already have salt on them, add in salt if needed when cooking in the oven).
- Pour the sauce over the browned pork steaks in the baking dish.
- Cover tightly with heavy foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and season sauce with salt if desired and turn the steaks over with long tongs.
- Place back in the over uncovered until tender about 20-30 minutes longer or until the pork is tender.
- Skim off any fat from the top of the sauce.