Swiss and Bacon Squares
And this recipe comes from that book. I was headed to friends' house and said, "Hey, what about trying this?" They were game, I brought it with the egg mix in a jar, and I baked it while they grilled brats on the grill. And everyone loved it!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 c
- cold water
- 8 oz
- swiss cheese slices
- 1 lb
- bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- onion salt
How to Make Swiss and Bacon Squares
- 1Heat oven to 425*F. Grease a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- 2Mix baking mix and water until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes. Gently smooth into ball on floured cloth-covered board. Knead 10 times. Pat in dish with floured hands, pressing 1/2" up sides.
- 3Top with cheese slices, overlapping edges; sprinkle with bacon; mix remaining ingredients; pour over bacon.
- 4Bake until edges are golden brown and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Makes 6 - 8 servings as a main coarse, or 12 - 16 servings as an appetizer.