Stefano's Pork Schnitzel
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
2 lbcenter cut pork loin
·salt & pepper to taste
3 cbread crumbs
2 Tbspchopped parsley
·butter, as needed
·olive oil, as needed
1 tspcapers, if desired
·lemon wedges for serving
How to Make Stefano's Pork Schnitzel
- Slice pork into 8 pieces. Pound pork between 2 plastic sheets with meat mallet to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Prepare a breading station by arranging 3 shallow bowls with the following: Flour seasoned with salt and pepper in the first, beaten eggs in the second, and bread crumbs mixed with parsley and paprika in the third.
- Dredge pork slices first in flour, dip in beaten egg, and lastly coat in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 3 Tablespoons butter and 2 Tablespoons olive oil. When oil is hot, add pork in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, adding more butter and oil if pan is dry. Cook until golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove schnitzel from pan. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Keep warm.
- Wipe pan with paper towel, if needed. Add 2 more Tablespoons butter and capers and fry until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve schnitzel with capers and lemon wedges. Serve 1 to 2 schnitzel per serving, depending on appetite.