SPINACH & WHITE BEAN GRATIN WITH BACON
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 small
- yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 c
- jarred roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 2 can(s)
- (14 oz.ea.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 c
- baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh chopped basil or rosemary
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese, divided, plus more for serving
- 3 slice
- bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
How to Make SPINACH & WHITE BEAN GRATIN WITH BACON
- 1In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, red pepper and garlic, season with salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes until onion is tender, stirring frequently.
- 2Add the broth, all the beans except 1/2 cup and the spinach. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Mash the 1/2 cup beans with a fork and mix them into the skillet.
- 3Remove from heat, stir in the basil and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- 4Transfer to a greased 8x8-inch casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over the top. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and serve with more Parmesan if desired.