Spicy Sausage and Cheese Balls
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- jimmy dean sausage (i use hot)
- 1 c
- quinoa, cooked and chilled
- 1 c
- cheese, shredded ( i use sharp cheddar)
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper, ground
- cooking spray or non-stick foil
How to Make Spicy Sausage and Cheese Balls
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray or use non-stick foil.
- 2In a bowl, combine sausage, cheese, quinoa, garlic and pepper. ( Sausage is plenty salty, be careful if you add salt, they may be too salty). Mix well with or use fingers to combine.
- 3Form balls out of mixture. You should get 30-40 sausage balls, so form them under 2 inches for best results. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes, or until light brown around the bottom edge. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
- 4Note: You can make the meatballs ahead and keep in the freezer for up to a month. Bake frozen meatballs at 375 for 25 minutes or thaw and bake as above.