Spaghetti with Sausage-Mushroom Sauce
Daily Inspiration S
Recipe from Food Network Magazine
12 ozspaghetti pasta
3 tspolive oil
3/4 lbitalian sausage (sweet or hot with casings removed)
1 pkg8-oz. package sliced mushrooms
·freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsptomato paste
1 tspfresh rosemary, chopped
1/4 cheavy cream
·shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Spaghetti with Sausage-Mushroom Sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned , about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp. oil to the skillet and increase the heat to medium-high. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the tomato paste and rosemary into mushrooms and cook, stirring 1 minute. Return the sausage to the skillet, then add the cream and 1 cup reserved pasta water; bring to a gentle simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet and toss with the sauce mixture, adding some of the reserved 1/2 cup cooking water to loosen, if needed. Top with shredded parmesan.