Smothered Pork Chops Over Rice
- 2 extra large bags boil in bag white rice
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. chili powder, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 bonelesspork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
How to Make Smothered Pork Chops Over Rice
- 1Make rice as pkg. directs. keep warm. Meanwhile, mix flour, 1 tsp. chili powder, salt and pepper in shallow dish; dredge pork chops in flour mixture.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chops, and cook 2 minutes on each side or til golden.
- 3Mix barbecue sauce, onion, 1/4 cup water and remaining 1 tsp. chili powder; pour over chops. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes or til chops are done. Remove chops from pan, and keep warm.
- 4Mix cornstarch and 2 tsp. water, stirring til smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce in pan; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Divide rice evenly among plates. Put chops over rice3. Spoon sauce over chops.source: unknown