Robin's Southern Girl Smothered Pork Chops
4pork chops, 3/4"-1" thick
2 tspseasoned salt (I prefer Lawry's)
2 tspgarlic powder
1 tsponion powder
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cvegetable or canola oil
1large, sweet onion, sliced
1chicken bouillon cube
How to Make Robin's Southern Girl Smothered Pork Chops
- Rinse pork chops and pat dry. Dissolve chicken bouillon cube in water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings.
Put flour on a flat plate for dredging.
Generously season both sides of pork chops with seasoning mix, reserving any additional. Dredge seasoned pork chops with flour and place on a plate. Combine leftover flour and seasoning and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry pork chops on both sides until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Add onions to oil and drippings in skillet. sauté until they start to soften. Stir in leftover flour/seasoning mixture and cook for 1 minute. Add water and whisk until smooth.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add pork chops back to gravy. Simmer for one hour until pork chops are tender. Add additional water, if needed during cooking.