Roast Pork Shoulder (Perníl)
8 lbpicnic pork shoulder
12 clovegarlic, minced
1 1/2 tspblack pepper
1 1/2 tspdried oregano
3 Tbspolive oil
3 Tbspwhite vinegar
8 tspsalt (or 1 teaspoon of salt per pound of meat)
How to Make Roast Pork Shoulder (Perníl)
- Wash the pork shoulder.
- With a sharp knife, make 1-inch deep cuts into the pork.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush garlic, oregano and black pepper together
- Add olive oil, vinegar and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon some of the garlic mixture inside the small cuts around the pork and spread remaining all over the pork.
- Place pork in aluminum turkey pan (skin side up) and cover with aluminum foil tightly
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Turn it in the marinade
- Bake in pre-heated 325°F oven for about 5 to 6 hours
- Remove aluminum foil and bake at 375°F for another hour or until skin is crisp.
- Closely watch this so you don’t burn the skin (chicharrone). Pork should be well-done and tender.