Pork Chops with Herb Creamed Corn
- 1 Tbsp
- olive or canola oil
- bone-in pork chops, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 small
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- ears fresh, corn on the cob scraped from the cob
- 1 c
- diced baby potatoes, about 6
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped fresh herbs, parsley, dill and chives
- 1/4 c
- creme fraiche or sour cream
How to Make Pork Chops with Herb Creamed Corn
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees with a baking sheet positioned on center rack. Heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy pan over medium-high heat with a turn of the pan of oil.
- 2Season chops with salt and pepper, and brown well on both sides and the edges of bone or any exposed fat. Transfer to baking sheet in oven to cook through, 5-6 minutes more. Add butter to the same pan and add onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and reduce heat a bit. Add potatoes and stir 5 minutes.
- 3Puree half of the corn. Add corn kernels to the pan and the puree, and cook to thicken up a bit; add herbs. Just before serving, add the creme fraiche. Serve the chops on a plate topped with the creamed corn.