Thick, Savory Pork & Bean Chili
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbpork roast, cubed
2 Tbspcooking oil
1 tspeach salt & pepper
1/2 tspthyme, dried
2 cbaby carrots - chopped
1medium tomato - chopped
1 bag(s)frozen corn
4 cbeef broth
8 ozcan tomato sauce
1 can(s)black beans
3/4 ccouscous - optional
1/4 ccornstarch and enough water to make a slurry
How to Make Thick, Savory Pork & Bean Chili
- On med-high heat, heat oil and then add pork roast, salt/pepper & thyme. Sear meat until mostly done stirring to avoid burning.
- Add carrots, tomato and frozen corn. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is hot and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add tomato sauce and beef broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes (depending on how you like your carrots cooked).
- Open and drain black beans (no need to rinse). Prepare cornstarch and water in a measuring cup, set aside.
- When carrots are almost to your liking, add black beans & couscous and cook 3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch/water mixture and stir until desired consistency.