Taste of Home.
2-1/2 cupsuncooked mostaccioli pasta
8bacon strips, diced
1-2 jars(4.5 oz. each) whole mushrooms, drained
3/4 cuphalf-and-half cream
1/3 cupbutter, cubed
1 tsp.dried parsley flakes
1 tsp.minced garlic
6 to 8drops hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp.salt, optional
1/3 cupgrated parmesan cheese
1/4 cupsliced green onions
How to Make Pasta Carbonara
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Brown mushrooms in bacon drippings; then remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from the skillet.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce, and salt if desired, to the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat, until butter is melted.
- Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture.
- Stir in the bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions.