Orange-Chipotle Pork Chops
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2pork chops, 3/4-inch thick, smoked if possible
1/2 corange juice
2chipotles in adobo (canned)
1/4 corange flavored liqueur (cointreau, triple sec, grand marnier)
How to Make Orange-Chipotle Pork Chops
- In a blender or food processor, combine chipotles, salt and orange juice.
- Place in a shallow dish together with pork chops and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Take chops out of marinade; reserve marinade.
- Put marinade in a small saucepan and reduce until 1/3 of the liquid remains, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, place pork chops and cook in medium-high heat until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Take chops out of the pan, and drain any excess oil.
- Put pan on high heat and cook until no liquid remains and a glaze is formed on pan.
- Take pan away from the heat and put the pork chops back on the pan.
- Add the 1/4 cup orange liqueur and flambe.
- When the flames die out take chops out of the pan and keep warm.
- Put the pan back on the stove and add the reduced marinade.
- Heat until starting to boil.
- Put the chops in a serving platter and pour some sauce on top.
- Enjoy. It should be sweet and spicy.