Orange-Chipotle Pork Chops
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- pork chops, 3/4-inch thick, smoked if possible
- 1/2 c
- orange juice
- chipotles in adobo (canned)
- 1/4 c
- orange flavored liqueur (cointreau, triple sec, grand marnier)
How to Make Orange-Chipotle Pork Chops
- 1In a blender or food processor, combine chipotles, salt and orange juice.
- 2Place in a shallow dish together with pork chops and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 3Take chops out of marinade; reserve marinade.
- 4Put marinade in a small saucepan and reduce until 1/3 of the liquid remains, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5In a frying pan, place pork chops and cook in medium-high heat until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 6Take chops out of the pan, and drain any excess oil.
- 7Put pan on high heat and cook until no liquid remains and a glaze is formed on pan.
- 8Take pan away from the heat and put the pork chops back on the pan.
- 9Add the 1/4 cup orange liqueur and flambe.
- 10When the flames die out take chops out of the pan and keep warm.
- 11Put the pan back on the stove and add the reduced marinade.
- 12Heat until starting to boil.
- 13Put the chops in a serving platter and pour some sauce on top.
- 14Enjoy. It should be sweet and spicy.