My Easy Slow Cooker Peppered Pork N Rice
Pictures are mine
- 3 lb
- pork roast, whatever is on sale
- 1 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp
- peppercorns, whole black
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth (14 oz each) - using 1 1/2 cans
- 6-8 c
- cooked white rice
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make My Easy Slow Cooker Peppered Pork N Rice
- 1In a frying pan on med-high heat, brown the pork roast and give it a nice seared color. I sprinkle salt and pepper on one side. I don't put any oil in the pan when I do this.
After browning it, put in the slow cooker and pour any juices from the pan over the roast. (don't waste it, its good flavor)
- 3Cook on high, 5 hrs. I check it at 4 1/2 hrs as my slow cooker cooks really hot and fast. Cut up the pork right in the juices.
** Plate with the cooked rice first, I sprinkle a little more salt on the rice as rice needs it to me. If you are watching your sodium, you can skip that. Then add the pork on top and ladle the juice from the pot on top.
The peppercorns will sink to the bottom but let everyone know, there may be some that get on the plate and to push them aside and not eat them.
- 4If you have left overs, take the meat out, discarding any fat parts and then strain the leftover juices through a strainer into a bowl so as to discard the leftover peppercorns.
Then add the leftover rice , meat and juice in a bowl together for later. It won't last, cause you can't stop eating it!