Mushroom & Sausage Wild Rice w/Pecans & Raisins
Serve this over a little Sauteed Spinach for a quick supper. Just put this on to cook in the morning before you go to work and it's ready for you for lunch.
- 1 lb
- pork sausage
- (8-oz) container refrigerated prechopped onion
- 1 pkg
- (8-oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 c
- wild rice
- 3 c
- chicken broth
- 2 c
- minute rice, uncooked
- 2/3 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 c
- coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
How to Make Mushroom & Sausage Wild Rice w/Pecans & Raisins
- 1Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Saute onion, mushrooms, and wild rice in hot drippings 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add broth to vegetables, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- 2Place sausage, rice, and next 4 ingredients in a lightly greased 5 quart slow cooker; stir in broth mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 2.5 hours or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add pecans to rice; fluff with a fork.