Lemon Butter Pork Chops with Potatoes and Spinach
We like lots of butter and lemon on this entree. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
8center loin cut pork chops
6red potatoes, small
1 pkgbagged baby spinach
1/2 Tbspminced garlic
·salt and pepper to your taste
·minced fresh parsley
How to Make Lemon Butter Pork Chops with Potatoes and Spinach
- Pound chops between wax paper or plastic wrap till 1/4 inch thick. Set aside
- Cut out eyes or any imperfections from red potatoes. Cut in chunks about 1/4 inch in size.
- Fill saucepan with water, enough for the potatoes to cook easily. Bring water to boil. Add potatoes. Cook for approximately 10 minutes. Test for doneness.
- Drain potatoes and return to saucepan to dry. Add 1 tablespoon butter to potatoes. Add your choice of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat small amount (your choice) of olive oil in large skillet. Add pork chops. Do not crowd. Sprinkle with your choice amount of salt and pepper. When done, drain on paper towels. This should take about 10 minutes or so. Wipe pan clean.
- Add 4 tablespoons butter and juice of 2 lemons (can be adjusted to your own preference) to wiped skillet. Heat till butter bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Separate bagged spinach into 4 portions. To plate, add a portion of the raw spinach on a serving dish, top with 1/4 portion of the potatoes, top with 2 pork chops.
- Spoon butter/lemon sauce over pork chops. Sprinkle lightly with minced parsley.
Serve with crusty bread.