Large Pork Loins -- Their Versatility
How to Make Large Pork Loins -- Their Versatility
- 1After cutting the 7 to 9 pound loin into thirds, reserve and freeze 2/3 for later. Place the 2 to 3 pound loin on double aluminum foil large enough to accommodate the loin and veggies. Pack the veggies around loin and add salt, pepper and bay leafs. Seal up the foil for oven roasting. Or use oven roasting bag.
- 2I place the sealed package or roasting bag into an aluminum foil lined 9" by 13" cake pan to ease in cleanup. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. I always use an oven thermometer inserted in center of roast to insure correct and desired temperature of 175 degrees for pork.
- 3When roast is done I remove roast and veggies from juices and refrigerate for a day to firm up and ease in the thin slicing of the roast. Reserve the veggies, remove the bay leafs and reserve liquid for gravy or juice. The veggies impart excellent flavor to the roast.
- 4When ready to slice the following day I slice quite thin with a meat slicing machine. With a sharp knife it can be sliced quite thin as well. The thin slicing facilitates its use in a number of dishes, as mentioned in my opening remarks.
- 5It truly is versatile. And wood smoking of the loins is another variation. How about Pork,Cabbage and Rice -- Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls. The possibilities are unlimited. Roast And Enjoy. Happy Cooking, Gary