Jacques Pepin's Grilled Pork Chops
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2pork rib or loin chops, both 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 1/2 tsprosemary leaves, chopped frsh
1 1/2 tspcorn or canola oil
·fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
How to Make Jacques Pepin's Grilled Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim loin chops of excess fat and sinew.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chops with the salt, pepper, and chopped rosemary--pat the seasoning so they adhere to the meat.
- Pour the oil into a plate and dip the chops into the oil on all sides to coat lightly.
- Set the grill over high heat and allow it to get quite hot.
- Lay the chops at an angle to the ridges and cook for 2 minutes, until clearly marked.
Turn them over, keeping the same angle, so the now visible marks align with the ridges.
Cook for 2 minutes in this side.
Turn the chops over again and now rotate them as well, so the visible marks are perpendicular to the ridges.
Cook for 2 minutes, until a crisscross is clear.
Turn the chops over for the third time, keeping them at the same angle.
Cook for 2 minutes, so that the second side of the chops has been on the grill as long as the first side.
- Finally, stand the chops on their outside edges, balanced against the potato half or other prop.
Brown for about 2 minutes, shifting the chop as needed so the entire edge is browned.
Remove the chops to a platter and place in the oven for about 10 minutes, to allow them to decontract.
Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve.