Hamburger Hash Patties
Mary Ann Hanson
- 1 lb
- hamburger (80/20)
- 1 lb
- pork sausage, your choice
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- simply potatoes shredded hashbrowns (see note below)
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 3 dash(es)
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoning salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pinch
- allspice, ground (optional, this gives it a taste like swedish potato bologna)
How to Make Hamburger Hash Patties
- 1Note: I made these with fresh potatoes for years and then discovered Simply Potatoes with a free bag. I actually prefer them, especially when freezing the patties. If using fresh, about 4 cups grated.
- 2Pour hashbrowns out onto a cutting board and run a knife through them to cut finer. This helps the patties stick together better.
- 3Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together like you would meatloaf.
- 4Form into patties and fry in a heavy skillet until brown and crispy on both sides ( I do this in a non stick skillet. If you use another one, you may have to add a little oil.)
- 5Keep warm in the oven until all patties are fried. Serve as desired.
- 6Another Note: If you use fresh potatoes and freeze these, the potatoes will turn dark. My experience has been that it does go away when they are cooked. This always happened when my family made potato bologna as well. The potatoes always turned back when cooked.
- 7When I froze patties, I just put them in the pan frozen. Takes a few minutes longer to cook is all.