Ham and Cheese Sliders
48king's hawaiian rolls
48 slicesmoked or baked deli ham
12 slicesargento havarti sliced cheese, quartered
POPPY SEED SAUCE
2 Tbsppoppy seeds
3 Tbspyellow mustard
1 cbutter, melted
2 Tbspminced shallot or red onion
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each roll in half and spread mayonnaise on each side of the roll.
- Fold a slice of ham in half, then in half again and place on the roll.
- Top with small slice of Havarti cheese.
- Place top of roll back on to form sandwich.
- Place rolls close together in a 13x9 baking pan until pan in completely full.
- More than one batch will be needed to make all 24. I was able to fit 15 in the pan.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients and brush it generously over the tops of all the rolls.
- Let the rolls set until the butter has set up a bit.
- For a toasted bun, bake uncovered. For softer rolls, cover pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Rolls can be made a day ahead and stored in fridge until ready to bake.
- You may not use all of the sauce. I brushed on one layer, and then went through and added another for good measure. They were perfect!