Fried Squash & Bacon w/Sauteed Onions
How to Make Fried Squash & Bacon w/Sauteed Onions
- Clean and slice squash, dice up your onions and chop up bacon into bitesize squares.
- Fry up bacon, first, using a large skillet, pot or on a cookie sheet in the oven. Save bacon grease to add into the pot.
- Put saved bacon grease in heated pot (your not frying in deep bacon grease, just enough drippings from the bacon you cooked to use for sauteing and browning, even browning your squash some when you put them in to cook), add in onions and let them saute'. You want them good and brown.
- Once the onions are done, add in the sliced squash, along with 2 tbsp of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). Add 1 tsp of sugar, some salt and pepper to taste. Cook on Medium heat.
- Let cook until they start to tenderize and turn a slight golden brown, then add in bacon and let cook until squash is completely tender, browned and done. Serve with Baked Pork Chops or any of your favorite meats. Enjoy!!!