☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1large 8qt pot
IN THIS POT YOUR WILL BROWN YOUR SAUSAGE. DRAIN LIGHTLY IF TO GREASY,BUT LEAVE MOST OF THE JUICES
2(1) lbof jimmy dean sausage, one hot one mild, cook partially do not drain
4 cinstant white or brown rice
1/4 tspsage,black pepper,sea salt,basil,mrs dash table season
2 Tbspchicken soup flavor or chicken dried stock
4 cwater, boiling
1 pkgfrozen green beans
THE NEXT IS OPTIONAL
1 smallcan of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom
How to Make Flame's Dirty Rice-n-Green Beans
- in large 8qt pot brown your sausage, drain if too greasy,
- once you have browned your two types of sausage, drain it slightly but try to retain some of the juices, if you drain it to much just add a 1/4 of warm water to the sausage and let simmer 5min.
- once the sausage has cooked and you have drained it. you will add your seasonings. and the butter. stirring well to melt and incorporate all the flavorings. let this simmer for five min. DO NOT ADD THE CHICKEN STOCK YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- now add your rice to the meat and mix well. if you use less rice reduce your water accordingly. follow the recipe on the box for the liquid to rice mixture. I use four cups of instant rice so it is four cups of water. make sure you have heated your water to boiling before adding it to your rice.
- now cover tightly with a lid, and let cook till all the liquid has been soaked up by the rice. this should take about 10 min if you use instant white, or 15 if you use the brown. now if you use regular rice remember to double your water and cook for 25 min. to insure that all your rice is cooked correctly.
- mix your meat and rice several times over the cooking process as to insure that the rice is soaking up as much of the water as possible. BUT NOT COMPLETELY. YOU WANT ABOUT A 1/4 OF LIQUID STILL IN THE POT WHEN YOU ADD YOUR NEXT ITEM.
- ONCE THE RICE HAS SOAKED UP MOST OF THE WATER. SPRINKLE THE CHICKEN STOCK MIX OVER THE TOP AND MIX AND BLEND IT WELL. THEN PLACE YOUR FROZEN GREEN BEANS OVER THE TOP AND COVER WITH THE LID. LET COOK FIVE MIN, ON LOW. YOU WANT TO HEAT THE BEANS BUT NOT BURN THE RICE. ONCE THE BEANS ARE COMPLETELY HEATED AND ARE HOT. MIX THEM INTO THE RICE AND MEAT.
- spoon up on the plate and serve with rolls or bread sticks. my family likes nice thick slices of italian bread. I some time serve the rice in a small bread bowl.
- you can make this have a gravy like texture to it if you add one can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom just after you added your green beans. but do not thin it out with water just simple stir it quickly to break of the soup and spread over your bean. cover and let the moisture in the pan thin out your soup.,