Family Circle Carolina Pulled Pork/Pork Chops
mary lou simko
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- boneless pork shoulder roast or prime roast, skin removed and trimmed (about 3 1/2 pounds). alternately you can use 4 boneless loin pork chops.
- 1 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 1 tsp
- paprika, mild or hot
- 3 Tbsp
- canola or olive oil, divided
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 1 c
- white vinegar
- 3/4 c
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar, light, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp
- mustard, spicy brown
How to Make Family Circle Carolina Pulled Pork/Pork Chops
- 1Place pork on a plate or cookie sheet. Rub all surfaces of pork with paprika and seasoned salt. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides, searing in juices.
- 2In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for five minutes or until onions become clear. Stir in vinegar and ketchup, then gradually stir in brown sugar and mustard with a whisk. Once fully incorporated, raise heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Once bubbling, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Transfer pork to a slow cooker and cover meat with sauce. Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- 4Remove pork when done and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Using a fork, shred the pork from the shoulder or serve pork chops whole. Stir sauce and cover meat with sauce from cooker.