Ernie's Pork Shoulder Steaks
- cooking spray or vegetable oil
- pork shoulder steaks
- 1-2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 small
- to medium onion, sliced
- 1 c
- 1 c
- salsa (used medium heat)
- 2 c
How to Make Ernie's Pork Shoulder Steaks
- 1Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray or brush skillet with some vegetable oil. Heat skillet on medium high heat, while seasoning the meat.
- 2Season pork shoulder steaks with salt, pepper, and 1-2 tsp. garlic powder, on both sides. Place pork in the large skillet, and brown on each side for 4 minutes.
- 3Slice a small to medium onion, and place of top of steaks. Stir together the cup of ketchup and cup of salsa and 2 cups of water. Pour over steaks.
- 4Bring liquid to a simmer, over medium heat; then, reduce heat to medium low or low; cover, and cook approximately 2 hours, or until cooked through & tender. Remove lid & place meat on a platter with aluminum foil to cover to keep warm. Keep skillet with sauce on burner with lid off, so it can cook down some. When ready to serve, remove foil from meat, & spoon sauce, including cooked onions over the top of the meat. Great leftovers. Makes 4 servings.