Dr. Pepper Pineapple Spare Ribs
Cheryl Croce Culver
You gotta try these ribs
- pork spare ribs
- 1 large
- green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large
- yellow onion diced
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks
- 12 ounce can dr pepper soda
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 c
- medium pace picante sauce
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- cloves garlic diced
- 2 tsp
- ground pepper
How to Make Dr. Pepper Pineapple Spare Ribs
- 1How to Cook them:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Trim most of the fat from ribs. Arrange ribs in the bottom of a 12-inch Dutch oven.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Sprinkle bell pepper, onions and pineapple evenly over ribs.
- 2In a large bowl stir together the remaining ingredients including the reserved pineapple juice' pour over ribs. Cover and; seal with a piece of foil
Bake ribs at 275 for 2 hours… open the corner and make sure they are tender. If not, bake another 20 minutes and check again.
- 3Meanwhile, combine Rib BBQ Sauce ingredients together.
Remove ribs and drain and reserve pineapple and juices. Brush ribs generously with Rib BBQ sauce.
Grill 5-10 minutes or until lightly charred.
You can spoon the pineapple and some of the juice over ribs before serving if you like or just use the BBQ Sauce
Serves 6 Enjoy Good Food