Deep Dish Sausage Pizza
- 1 lb
- frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tsp
- corn meal
- 1 3/4 c
- pizza sauce
- 1/2 lb
- bulk italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- green pepper, cut into rings
How to Make Deep Dish Sausage Pizza
- 1On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into a 9 inch circle.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3Roll and stretch the dough into a 12 in circle.
- 4Sprinkle corn meal into a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- 5Place dough in pan and press 1 inch up the sides of pan.
- 6Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- 7Top with sausage, 1 cup cheese, oregano and green pepper.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 9Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 10Remove to a wire rack; let stand for 5 minutes before removing sides of pan.