Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops OR Chicken Thighs
- pork chops or 12 chicken thighs, your choice or combo of both!
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- peanut or sesame oil for frying, or your choice
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops OR Chicken Thighs
- 1Whisk the eggs and 4 Tbs. water together in a shallow dish.
Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- 2Dip the chops/chicken in the flour, then over into the egg.
Then back over into the flour mixture once again. This is what puts the extra crispy coating on the chops.
Be sure to get plenty of flour on in this last coating, then shake them a little and place in a pan with about a 1/4" of oil.
- 3Cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
Try not to turn more than twice or your breading will come off.
Remove from the pan to a 9"x13" baking dish.
- 4Saute the garlic a little in the butter.
Add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne, and ginger.
Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Watch this carefully because it will foam and might boil over.
- 5Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the pork chops/chicken thighs.
Flip them over and pour the other 1/2 over the other side.
- 6Place uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes.
This sets the glaze and finishes them to be sure they are cooked through.