☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 ccider vinegar
1/4 cjack daniel's tennessee whiskey
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/4 cliquid smoke flavoring
1 (6) lbpork butt
1 Tbspcoarse ground pepper
1 Tbspcoarse salt
1 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Crocked Barbecue
- Combine the vinegar, jack Daniel's, brown sugar, ketchup, and liquid smoke in a large slow cooker (at least 5 quarts).
- Add the pork butt. Sprinkle the pepper, paprika, and garlic powder over the meat.
- cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low for 10 to 12 hours, until the is pull-apart tender and the internal temperature is at least 190 degrees.
- Using tongs and a slotted spoon, transfer the meat to a large casserole or foil pan. Let the meat rest until it is cool enough to handle. Pull the meat into strands. It should shred easily. Serve with the meat juices.
- To serve the barbecue later:
Remove the meat from the slow cooker, cool, and refrigerate. Pour the sauce into a separate container and refrigerate. Before re heating the sauce, skim the hard fat layer off the top and discard.