Crispy Southern Fried Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb
- boneless pork chops, thin sliced
- 1 c
- 1 large
- 1 c
- self rising flour
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- chicken flavored base
- 3/4 tsp
- black pepper or to taste
- oil for frying (i use canola)
How to Make Crispy Southern Fried Pork Chops
- 1Remove pork chops from package, wash and pat dry. Place pork chops on a cutting board. Using a meat mallet, pound both sides.
- 2In one bowl, add egg and milk. Mix with fork until smooth. In another bowl, add flour, chicken flavored base, and seasonings, mix well. Dredge pork chops in flour mixture, then dip in milk and egg mixture. Roll in flour mixture.
- 3Heat about 1" oil in heavy skillet (I use a cast-iron chicken fryer). When oil is hot, add pork chops, no more than 2 to 3 at a time. Fry about 3 to 5 minutes per side, until golden and juices run clear. Remove to serving platter. Repeat with remaining pork chops. Serve hot with your favorite side dishes.