Clay Pot Cuban Style Pork Roast
- 3 to 4 lb
- pork roast shoulder
- 2 large
- oranges juiced
- 1 large
- lemon juiced
- 1 large
- bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp
- sea salt
- 2 tsp
- each cumin powder, and oregano
- 20 clove
- 2 medium
- onions cut into thin rounds
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
How to Make Clay Pot Cuban Style Pork Roast
- 1The night before that the pork roast and poke holes all over. Rub the sea salt all over the roast.
- 2Mix the orange juice, lemon juice, garlic cumin powder and oregano in a food processor. Pour over roast and marinate overnight.
- 3Soak the clay pot in water for 15 minutes. Place the pork roast in the clay pot. Pour marinade over top. Lay the onions around the roast and throw in the bay leaf.
- 4Pour the wine and chicken broth over roast.
- 5Set the clay pot in a cold oven and set the temp to 300 degrees. Bake for 3 hours.
- 6Remove roast from pot and shred with fork. Place the drippings in a saucepan and bring to a boil and reduce to desired thickness. Serve over pork