Chili Barbecued Ribs
2slabs back ribs
2 tspgarlic powder
·salt to taste
·black pepper to taste
1 Tbspprepared mustard (i like to use honey mustard)
1/2 cminced onion
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1/2 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/4 clemon juice
1/4 csteak sauce
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspchili powder
How to Make Chili Barbecued Ribs
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces.
- Add ribs to Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1/2 hour. Drain well. (Instead I wrap them tightly in foil and slow roast them in a 320 degree oven for 2-3 hours.)
- Sprinkle ribs with garlic powder, salt and pepper, then baste with mustard.
- Saute minced onion in a sauce pan. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
- Grill ribs 5 inches from heat for 30 minutes.
- Brush ribs with sauce in the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.