Caramel Apple Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tart borton apples (i use granny smith)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. chopped pecans
How to Make Caramel Apple Pork Chops
- 1Heat skillet over medium high heat. Brush pork chops lightly with oil and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or til evenly browned. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 2In small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Core apples and slice into 1/2 inch wedges. Add butter to skillet and stir in apples and brown sugar mixture. Cover and cook over medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes just til apples are tender
- 3Remove apples with slotted spoon and arrange on top of the chops. keep warm. Continue cooking mixture in skillet uncovered til sauce thickens slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans and serve.