Boston Butt Roast
How to Make Boston Butt Roast
- 1Place roast in large pan (6 quarts or larger). Cover roast completely with water. Add bay leavers, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Boil until meat is very tender, 3-4 hours. You may need to keep adding water.
- 2Remove roast from pot. Place on a rack in a baking pan that you have sprayed with cooking spray. I use a flat rack, not a v-shaped rack.
- 3Using a Bar-B-Q brush, coat the roast with mustard. Make it a nice thick layer. Use additional mustard if necessary.
- 4Using your hands, pat the brown sugar all over the roast, using the mustard as the 'glue' to hold the brown sugar in place.
- 5Place roast in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until brown sugar and mustard has formed a beautiful brown glaze.