Baked Pork Chops with Tasty Gravy
This recipe is probably well known to many cooks, as it has been around quite a while, but if you are not familar with it, give it a try! It is easy, the chops are tender, and the gravy is delicious!
Photo by Bing.
How to Make Baked Pork Chops with Tasty Gravy
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown pork chops in a small amount of oil on both sides. Place in a single layer in baking dish.
- Pour the fat from the skillet into a small bowl. Return 1 - 2 tablespoons of fat to skillet. With a whisk or spoon, stir the flour and onion soup mix into the warm oil to make a smooth paste. Slowly stir in the boiling water. Make sure to scrape up any tasty bits left in pan! When blended, pour over the pork chops.
- Cover the pork chops with baking pan lid or a double thickness of aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until chops are tender.
- Remove the pork chops from baking pan and place on a warm platter.
- To make the gravy, slowly stir the sour cream into the liquid in the baking pan, with a whisk or spoon. Reheat, if needed, but do not boil.
Serve over the pork chops. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Wonderful with mashed potatoes!