Authentic Pork and Cabbage Wonton
1 lbground pork
3/4 cnapa cabbage leaf - diced fine
1/3 cchinese chives - diced fine
1/3 cscallions - diced fine
5chinese dried mushrooms
1/2 Tbspfresh ginger - diced fine
1 clovegarlic - diced fine
1 Tbspsesame oil
3 Tbspsoy sauce
1 pkgwonton wrappers
How to Make Authentic Pork and Cabbage Wonton
- Rehydrate chinese mushrooms in warm water for 2 hours. Remove stems and dice fine
- Combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers and mix thoroughly - you might need to use your fingers!
- Place one wonton wrapper in front of you on a 'diamond' angle - so one of the points is pointing directly at you.
- Dipping your index finger in water, trace the exposed edges of the wonton wrapper. This is what will make it stick together. Try not to get it too wet, just enough to moisten it.
- Fold the edge of the wonton wrapper closest to you (that diamond point) over the dollop of pork and join it with the corresponding point on the other edge, pinching the wrapper together firmly.
- Using your index fingers, seal the edges of the wrapper on either side of the joined points, making a triangle 'pouch' . Avoid having air bubbles inside the wonton or it will rupture when boiled.
- Turn the triangle pouch around so the center point is once again facing you
- Cooking dumplings:
- if Deep frying - cook in hot Vegetable or peanut oil for 4-5 mins or until golden brown
- If Boiling - place the dumplings into boiling water (with a drizzle of sesame oil) for about 5 mins from fresh or 8-10 mins from Frozen. They float when fully cooked!
- if Steaming - about 5-6 minutes from fresh or 10 mins from frozen