World's Best Pizza (Garlic Lovers)
- small garlic bulb
- 1 pkg
- prepared pizza dough, fresh, about 1.5 lbs.
- 1/2 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c
- pasta sauce, or pizza sauce, or canned tomato sauce
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make World's Best Pizza (Garlic Lovers)
- 1This is the basic recipe. You can add whatever toppings you choose. I like to make a Margherita Pizza, with fresh basil ( a few leaves, torn into small pieces, and scattered on top), sliced tomatoes ( 1 large), fresh mozzarella ( a few thin slices, on top of the regular shredded cheese) and feta cheese ( 3/4 cup crumbled). Baking time may be longer. Prepare a 16" round pizza stone with a sprinkling of corn meal, spread over entire surface. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2On a clean surface, sprinkle flour. Place dough on surface, coat both sides with flour. Roll, toss, stretch dough to fit onto the stone, leaving enough all around edges to fold over as crust. Fold, flute dough for the crust, lining up with the edges of the stone. Press the garlic cloves into the half cup of olive oil. Stuffing the crust with cheese before folding is optional.
- 3Spread the crushed garlic/oilve oil onto the entire crust, all around. Spread the sauce over the middle of the dough, up to the crust edges. Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. You may put sliced pepperoni on the pizza, or whatever topping you prefer, including some of the crushed garlic. The amount of garlic also is up to you. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over your creation and bake on center rack. Oven baking times and temperatures vary. Bake until cheese is slightly browned, crust is golden brown, and bottom is crispy. When done, let it set for a few minutes before slicing with a pizza slicer. Enjoy!