Smoked Salmon Pizza
If you don't have a pizza stone,don't worry,just place pizza in a pan on the lowest rack of the oven.I often make my own pizza crust but you can buy it,make sure you roll it thin.
- pizza crust,preferably homemade
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 t. chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of white pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion,thinly sliced
- 10 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 4 t. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoons caviar
- 1 tablespoon capers
How to Make Smoked Salmon Pizza
- 1Dill Cream: In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the pizzas,place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
Lightly brush the crust with some olive oil and spread the onions on top.
Slide a pizza paddle or rimless baking sheet under the pizza and slide it onto the pizza stone. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 6-8 minutes.
With the paddle, carefully remove the pizza and transfer to a cutting board.
With the back of a spoon, spread Dill Cream over the inner circle. Arrange salmon slices to cover the entire pizza, slightly overlapping the rim. Sprinkle with chives.
Using a pizza cutter or a large sharp knife, cut the pizza into 4 or 6 wedges. Spoon some caviar and capers in the center of each slice. Serve immediately.